GAO Hua, Ph.D
Shanghai Tenth People's Hospital
School of Medicine
Advanced Institute for Translational Medicine
Tongji University, Shanghai, 200092 China
Gao Hua received his B.S. in Biology from Nankai University in 1992, and his Ph.D. in Cell Biology from Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2003. He then pursued postdoctoral studies at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2004-2013) in New York, where he developed a high throughput genetic screening platform for the isolation of genes involved in metastatic colonization. Gao's laboratory is currently using this novel technology as an entry point to study the molecular and cellular underpinnings of lung, colon, and breast cancer metastasis. In addition, his group is developing novel therapeutics and biomarkers for metastatic disease.
1. Gao H#*, Chakraborty G*, Zhang Z, Akalay I, Gadiya M, Gao Y, Sinha S, Hu J, Jiang C, Akram M, Brogi E, Leitinger B, and Giancotti FG#. Multi-organ Site Metastatic Reactivation Mediated by Non-canonical Discoidin Domain Receptor 1 Signaling. Cell 2016;166(1): 47-62.
[Research Watch in Cancer Discov.; Editor's Choice in Science Signaling; BoneKEy Watch in IBMS BONEKEY].
(# corresponding author) (* equal contributions)
2. Gao H#, Chakraborty G, Lee-Lim AP, Mavrakis KJ, Wendel HG, and Giancotti FG#. Forward genetic screens in mice uncover mediators and suppressors of metastatic reactivation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2014; 111 (46) 16532-16537.
(# corresponding author)
3. Gao H, Chakraborty G, Lee-Lim AP, Mo Q, Decker M, Vonica A, Shen R, Brogi E, Brivanlou AH, and Giancotti FG. The BMP Inhibitor Coco Reactivates Breast Cancer Cells at Lung Metastatic sites. Cell 2012;150(4):764-79.
[Research Watch in Cancer Discov.; Research Highlight in Nat. Rev. Cancer; Editor’s Choice in The Scientist; Recommended F1000].
4. Guan J*, Xu ZZ*, Gao H, He SQ, Ma GQ, Sun T, Wang LH, Zhang ZN, Lena I, Kitchen I, Elde R, Zimmer A, He C, Pei G, Bao L, and Zhang X. Interaction with vesicle luminal protachykinin regulates surface expression of delta-opioid receptors and opioid analgesia. Cell 2005;122(4): 619-31.
(* equal contributions)
5. Gao H*, Sun Y*, Wu Y, Luan B, Wang Y, Qu B, and Pei G. Identification of b-arrestin 2 as a G-protein-coupled receptor-stimulated regulator of NF-kB pathways. Mol. Cell 2004;14(3):303-17.
(* equal contributions)